Sunday 2 November 2014

Hello again! Pin.011

So it's been a while since I posted on here, over a year ago in fact... Around March last year I started full time work and just found I didn't have the time to dedicate to maintaining this blog. In my spare time I wanted to be living life and doing things and started resenting the time I spent glued to the laptop editing/uploading blog posts!

I still have a desire to be creative and learn new skills though, and for the last 8 months or so I have been making my first crochet blanket (see pic below modelled by my kitty Pandora).



It took ages and required a huge deal of patience, but I'm chuffed with the result. Kudos to my sister in law for teaching me how to do a granny square, and tutorials such as:

Girlybunches and Knotyournanascrochet (pin below)


It was the first crochet project I had ever done, and what started out as me just practising turned into quite a lengthy project. I could have made it smaller, but I deliberately kept making more squares as I wanted a blanket that would actually be useful after all that time spent on it! It's quite a simple project really as the granny squares only use two different stitches, the chain stitch and the treble stitch. I used a single crochet stitch to join the squares together but there are lots of other ways to join them.

If you're interested in learning how to crochet I would recommend looking at Girlybunches tutorials on Youtube. There are lots of good blogs out there that tell you how to crochet but I found it so much easier watching a video.

I'm currently working on another crochet project but that's hush hush for now as it will be a present for someone.. It has to be finished by the end of this month though so the pressure's on! I'll post again when it's finished so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment